Saturday, September 20, 2008

more bananas, pudding this time ~

This recipe is the most basic, most easy, probably most well known dessert ever. So why am I posting it? Two reasons.

Well - for one thing, sometimes people forget to teach the 'basic' stuff. It was years before I could successfully make gravy, because nobody taught me. Cutting up a chicken? I never quite got that until I was probably 30 years old.

Sometimes we just assume...


The other reason is that I just wanted to take some pictures today. HAHA

Banana Pudding


1 large instant vanilla pudding mix
1 3/4 cups cold milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 regular size frozen whipped topping, thawed
lots of vanilla wafers
a few firm bananas


Mix up the vanilla pudding mix and the milk, and whip for a couple of minutes.

Photobucket


Pour in the sweetened condensed milk, and mix it well.

Photobucket


Fold in 1/2 of the container of whipped topping. Go slow and easy on this, mix well but not hard.

Photobucket


In the dish you want to put the pudding in, layer vanilla wafers and sliced bananas.

Photobucket


Top that with half the pudding. Repeat the cookie/banana layer and then cover with the last of the pudding.

Photobucket


Spread the remaining whipped topping over it all, or just pile it in the middle. Crush a couple of cookies over it to pretty it up some.

Photobucket


Refrigerate it for a few hours at least, or overnight (best). When I made ours, I made one for Dustie and Jenni and decorated it with a few extra cookies. Just because I love them.

Photobucket


The sweetened condensed milk is what makes this pudding so good. It adds a smoothness and yet gives the pudding some 'weight'. And it tastes like a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment