Monday, July 21, 2008

broiled chuck roast & bleu cheese sandwich~

This one's for Ginni! I know she loves bleu cheese...

Today for lunch, I knew I was gonna have a sandwich, but I really am not just a "meat sandwich" kind of person, unless it's bologna (yum!), so I wasn't looking forward to just having a roast sandwich. I spied the wheat sub rolls I had picked up the other day, and somehow, something inside my foodbrain just went 'ding!' and I had an idea.

I split the roll, shredded some roast, topped that with thin sliced bleu cheese, and sliced red onions (God's gift to my mouth!). Then I set it in the oven to broil for a few minutes, and the smell was heavenly. Immediately upon removal from the oven, I put some fresh spinach leaves on, a strip of Miracle Whip, and salt & pepper, and went to town.

Ginni, it was so good - you gotta try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment