Monday, June 8, 2009

Kim's Kake ~

A new family favorite, for sure - the other hugest chocolate lover in our household, 'sides me, is my son Dalton. If I turn my back too long, he makes the hugest dent in this cake...

Credit for the wonderful recipe goes to my friend Kim, who is an amazing cook and loves to experiment. I am treasuring the handwritten recipe on a torn piece of paper, too, lol. It may just have to be framed...

A warning for people I don't understand very well, those who like chocolate but not that much (ahem, Lee...teehee!), you should probably stay away from this one. SUPER chocolatey. Perfect. :)


Kim's Kake


1 box devil's food cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
(Note from Sis - I add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder here)
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil (I use 2/3 cup)
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups (1 bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate chips, those are my favorites)
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (or use cocoa powder) a Bundt pan. Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, cocoa powder (if used); add sour cream, vinegar, vegetable oil, eggs, and water; mix until smooth and well blended. Stir in chips and walnuts (if used). Bake for about 50 minutes, or until done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then flip out onto rack and cool for an hour. Dust heavily with powdered sugar. Cut a big slice, pour a huge glass of cold milk, and enter mouthparadise.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Having read through the recipe list, I realize I've had this scrumptious cake and loved it -- and I'm not even a chocoholic! Love the richness, moistness... definitely an indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tempting!!!! Great photography!

    ReplyDelete