Monday, July 28, 2008

triple chip chocolate cookies~

As a hostess for a "couple shower" for my friend's son and his bride-to-be, we were all supposed to bring cookies. I'm happy to say, out of 8 hostesses, I'm one of only 2 who brought homemade cookies - 2 kinds: standard peanut butter, and these, a "tweaked to suit me" recipe. Nothing against Oreo's or chocolate stripe cookies, they are delish too, but nothing beats a homemade cookie.

The peanut butter recipe I used was the classic one from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. You can google it and there it is. I never use crunchy PB and never add nuts, either - just good ol' smooth peanut butter deliciocity.

I also wanted to bake something chocolate, so I searched around a little. This recipe started out as one in a cookbook I have that's devoted to just cookies, and I messed around with it just a bit to satisfy myself. When I test a new recipe, I always watch to see reactions from other people, especially when they don't know that I was the one who made it, so I can get an honest idea of whether it's a recipe worth keeping or not. At the party, I overheard several people asking "who made these?" and another couple of times, I heard "you have got to try these" so I think I'm safe in assuming that they were a hit and this one's a keeper. In my book, it's become my favorite cookie ~ at least for now!


If you are a chocoholic, make this. It's soooooo good.


Triple Chip Chocolate Cookie
(makes about 5 dozen)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1/3 cup white baking chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended and creamy. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture and beat at low speed until combined well. Stir in all the chips. Drop onto ungreased baking sheets by heaping tablespoons, 3 inches apart. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool for 1 minute before removing from sheets.


People, I must tell you that these are so excellent dipped in cold milk. Mmmm. Oreo's, move over.




No comments:

Post a Comment