Saturday, September 13, 2008

ooey gooey rich and chewy ~

The other day, I decided to finally get around to trying The Chewy, a chocolate chip cookie recommended to me by my sweet friend Lee - the cookie itself is found at the following link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html


So - since there is the recipe, and it's simple to follow, I'll leave that to you to link to and read - in the meantime, here are photos of the process.


There was a glitch - since Dillon is well known for his chipstealing abilities, and since Stevie made chocolate chip pancakes the other morning, this is what I had to go with, for a double recipe (which should have been 4, count them, 4 cups of chips)...


Photobucket
Grr. Ah well, when ya got a lemon, make some lemonade, even if you have to use lime juice too. Behold, here's what you get when you pick out as many chips as possible from the trail mix, including m&m's, and then make up the rest with the white chips and the raisins and stuff, haha.
Photobucket
So - just follow along and see the result. And try not to drool on your keyboard. You'll be mad at yourself if you do.
(anybody else surf while cooking? teehee!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(notice the vintage cookie jar in the back - I don't have a lid, so it holds my cooking tools)
Photobucket
(mmm, here they are, on my great-aunt's wagon train prairie plate. HA)
Photobucket
This cookie recipe is awesome. Best warm from the oven, of course, but still good days later. And if you take them out just a minute or too early, you get the gooey part. I did a little of both, gooey and more crispy. But I did learn one thing. I really don't like the white chips very much. And also I can't wait to make these with just plain old semi-sweet chips, I think it will be a favorite cookie recipe from now on. (thanks, Lee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment