Thursday, January 28, 2010

mango bread ~

Have I ever said I loooooove mangoes? I think I have. :)

I have been meaning to try Wandering Chopsticks' Mango Bread recipe for a long time, and just got the chance to do it today; I've been feeling kind of virus-y and stayed home from work yesterday and today, and that bed is driving me crazy (although after I type this, I'll be back in it). So I threw this together as I am cooking rice for lunch. Keeping it simple today, and those mangoes needed using anyway


cast iron kitchen



As usual, I can't leave recipes alone, and tweak at will, so my version is a bit different from WC's, and she tweaked hers from several recipes to begin with, LOL. Anyway - it's baking right now, and I'll post a photo later on after it's been sampled (done!). I can tell you the batter tasted wonderful already. :)


Mango Bread
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
1/2 cup melted butter
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
3/4 cup chopped or broken pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 standard size loaf pans with baking spray. In a mixer, blend on low speed the flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add coconut milk and melted butter, and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, with mixer running, and then add vanilla. Remove from mixer and fold in mangoes and pecans with a spoon. Divide evenly between the loaf pans and bake for 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pans onto a wire rack.



cast iron kitchen




Did I say I love mangoes?



cast iron kitchen




2 comments:

  1. I love that you've left big chunks of mango throughout. But I'm still not clear whether you actually like mangoes or not. Could you repeat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL!
    Yes, I'll repeat, loud and clear...I LOVE MANGOES!
    teehee!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete